Development of the Customer Sentiment Index: Introduction
In the next few blog posts, I will introduce a new metric, the Customer Sentiment Index (CSI). Integrated into your customer relationship survey, the CSI assesses the degree to which customers possess a positive or negative attitude about you. The development of the CSI involved the application of different disciplines including psychometrics, sentiment analysis and predictive analytics.
Each weekly blog post will describe a step in the CSI development process. Even though the series of blog posts were designed to complement and build on one another, each post will be able to stand alone with respect to its topic. The upcoming topics include:
- Measuring customers’ attitudes using structured and unstructured data
- Sentiment analysis and sentiment lexicons
- Developing sentiment lexicons using an empirically-based and judgment-based approach
- Reliability, validity and usefulness of the CSI
- Applications of the CSI: Improving customer experience, mobile surveys
As a whole, these posts will represent my ongoing research and development of the Customer Sentiment Index. If any companies are interested in getting involved in the CSI through sponsorship or partnership, please contact me.